Why take this on-line course?
4 Point Reduction on your Driving Record
If you have incurred violations during the 18 month period prior to completing the course, up to four (4) points will automatically be reduced on your driving record. The point reduction could help you avoid a license suspension. Point reduction can only be credited once every eighteen (18) months. This course cannot be used to reduce future points.
10% Off Your Insurance Premium
When you complete the Internet Point and Insurance Reduction Program, you are eligible for a 10% discount on your Collision and Auto Liability insurance premium, including Property Damage (PD), Bodily Injury (BI), and Personal Injury Protection (PIP). Your discount will apply to all vehicles for which you are the principal operator FOR 3 YEARS.
Who is eligible to take the course?
All principle vehicle operators are eligible including: All drivers, regardless of violation / accident record Youthful drivers who will get a discount in addition to any discount for driver education training “Assigned Risk” drivers Commercial / Executive vehicle operators Senior Citizens, Motorcycle drivers – the discount can be added to both the motorcycle and auto policies.
How long do I have to complete the course?
You can complete the course at your own pace logging on and off as many times as necessary to complete the online course. However, you must complete your course within 30 calendar days of registration.
When do I get my Certificate of Completion?
As an Internet course provider, we will automatically mail you a completion certificate within seven (7) business days after you complete the course.
How much does the course cost and how do I pay for it?
The cost of the Point and Insurance Reduction Program is $44.95. After registration, we can process your payment using our secure payment solution. If you have a PROMO code, enter it at the bottom of the registration page.
Do I need any special computer system requirements or downloads to take the course?
There are NO special system requirements or downloads necessary to take this on-line course.
How do I register for this course?
1. To begin, return to our Home Page and click on the “all new users click here to register” link on the left hand side of the page or on the “register” link at the bottom of that same page.
3. Fill out the Registration form.
4. IMPORTANT: When registering, please make sure to provide the following:
- A valid email address to which you have access. After registration, we will email your username and password to the email address that you provided at time of registration. You will be required to log back in using that emailed username and password.
- A ten (10) digit phone number – including area code.
5. Review the information (especially the phone number and email for validation and password purposes), and click on the “register” button.
6. You will then be logged out as part of the normal registration process. Click ‘Logout/Home’ at the top of the page. Again, we will email your username and password to the email address that you provided at time of registration.
7. (Go to your email and then) Log back into the course using your emailed username and assigned password.
8. Process your payment using our secure payment solution.
9. Change your password (to one you have chosen) as required by the DMV. Make a note of your new chosen password.
10. Answer a few personal validation questions – another one of our methods of validating your identity/participation throughout the course.
11. The list of sections will now appear. Click on the “start course” button to begin learning!
If I am already registered and have exited after completing only some of the sessions, how do I re-enter the course?
Simply go to our Home Page and in the “Re-Enter the Course” section on the left, enter your ‘username’ and ‘password’. Then hit the “login!” button to resume the course. Don’t worry, our student progress monitoring feature will allow you to pick up exactly where you left off.
What happens if I fail the Final Exam?
Everyone passes! The final exam is no longer mandated in NYS and is now only there for your own knowledge testing.
After I complete the PIRP course, how do I receive the point reduction?
As an Internet course provider, we will notify the DMV within thirty (30) business days after you complete the course. A notice will then be entered on your driving record, and the DMV will automatically reduce your active point total by up to four points. Important: Completion of a course under the “Point & Insurance Reduction Program” does not remove, delete, subtract, or erase any violation, conviction, or notice of original number of points from your driving record. Even after you complete the course, most violations, convictions and points assessed will continue to show on your driving record for up to four years. Violations and convictions involving drugs or alcohol will remain on your driving record for ten years. “Point reduction” means the DMV will not count up to four points on your driving record toward license revocation or suspension. Point reduction does not affect the “Driver Responsibility Assessment”.
How do I know my driving record shows my PIRP course completion?
If you need to verify the course completion has been entered on your record, you may request a copy of your driving record from the DMV. To do so, you must complete a “Request for Driver and/or Vehicle Record Information”, available at any motor vehicle office or the DMV website. If your course completion is not noted on your driving record more than ten weeks after you completed it, please contact us.
After completing the PIRP course, how do I receive the insurance reduction?
If you present your certificate to your insurance company or agent within 90 days after course completion, your liability and collision premium reduction will begin immediately, retroactive to the date you completed the course. If you present your certificate more than 90 days after course completion, the insurer may issue the premium discount effective from the date presented. If you do not receive your certificate within four weeks after completion, contact us. You may take the course once every 36 months (three years) to maintain insurance reduction benefits.